There are many long term conditions which may result in the need for complex care services. These include
- Ataxias, including Friedrich’s ataxia and cerebella ataxia
- Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies, including Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
- Autoimmune diseases, including myasthenia gravis and Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome
- Inherited diseases, such as Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease
- Inflammatory muscle diseases, including inclusion body myositis
- Congenital defects such as Arnold-Chiari malformation
- Multiple system atrophy
- Progressive supra nuclear palsy
- Post-polio syndrome (PPS)
- Spina bifida
Our approach is to treat everyone as an individual. Some of these conditions have very mild impacts on our clients and their families whilst others have very significant effects. ICCM starts by trying to fully understand how these conditions affect our clients, and then we work with them to create a personalised care package. As our clients’ condition evolves and changes, so too will our care package evolve and change.
Our Nurse Specialists oversee our Healthcare Support Workers and ensure that they all have the relevant skills & expertise to support individual conditions. Our teams support our clients’ lifestyle choices, whilst managing the risks to allow them to lead as fulfilling a life as possible. ICCM provides high quality, person-centred care for complex long term conditions.