Tissue Viability is primarily about maintaining healthy skin and preventing skin breakdown. Tissue viability includes pressure ulcer prevention through the utilisation of appropriate equipment, effective continence care, promoting good diet and nutrition, safe moving and handling and prevention of infection.
Our nurses utilise evidence based care to assess and identify those clients at risk and of pressure related skin breakdown and then plan appropriate and effective care accordingly, liaising with community services to deliver this.
What we do:
- We provide high quality information and evidence based care enabling realistic and achievable clinical outcomes.
- We work in partnership with clients, our staff and other healthcare professionals to provide expert wound care advice, equipment and risk assessments
- We follow best practice by developing and implementing care guidelines and policies
- We improve practice by continually and regularly conducting audits and evaluations within the service
- We provide continuous training and education to Clients, their families and our staff through structured and effective education programmes.